Fiverr empowers you to do just that. It’s a global marketplace for digital freelancerswho offer contracts (known as “gigs”) starting as low as $5. Or as the name suggests, a fiver. The top tech companies in the world come here to hire freelancers, so you’d be in good company if you decided to work with their global marketplace of independent workers.
Fiverr Pros & Cons
- Hire the best in the market
- More affordable than offline agencies
- Safe transactions
- Pricier than DIY builders
- Scanning candidates takes time
How Does It Work?
You can find anything your business may need on Fiverr — graphics and illustrations, writing and translation, animation, online lessons, digital marketing, and much more.
But here at Top10WebsiteBuilders, we were especially impressed to find out that Fiverr is one of the biggest marketplaces for web design in the world. Here’s what you need to do to hire the right web designer on Fiverr:
- Browse freelancer profiles to find the best skillset for your project. The side filters will help you skim candidates. These include the type of project (from migration to full website creation), delivery time, estimated budget, language skills, and much more.
- Check the freelancers’ rating and level. You can see a sample of their work, reviews left by previous customers, and check their Fiverr level, which is an indicator of seniority and quality.
- Choose a package that suits your project. Each freelancer offers 3 separate contracts: Basic, Standard, and Premium depending on how much work they’ll do for you.
- Get in touch with the web designer so that you can discuss your project and ensure best results.
Short on time? Skip the browsing and have candidates come to you. Publish an ad with details of the job, deadline, and budget, and receive custom offers from freelancers directly in your inbox.
What Can You Get Done on Fiverr?
There’s no part of a web development project that Fiverr freelancers can’t do. Need a click funnels guy? Someone to wipe out all WordPress errors? This is where you will find them.
Just to give you an idea, here are some web development gigs currently offered on Fiverr:
- Full website creation, with designers specialized in all the main platforms (SquareSpace, Wix, WordPress, etc.)
- Bug fixes, SEO issues adjustments, Joomla care, etc.
- Theme and plugin installation
- Performance and security tests
- Site migration and web archive restoration
- Landing page design
Every Fiverr contract is different and of course, so are prices. A very basic web page designed by a level 1 freelancer can cost as little as $100.
However, prices can go up quickly if you’re after a responsive, multiple page-design developed by the cream of the crop. It’s not rare to see premium packages for complete websites offered at $1,500 and up.
All transactions are managed on the Fiverr platform. This means that Fiverr handles everything and will ensure the security of your payments and data.
The Fiverr support center is complete with topic sections and educational materials so that you can always find what you are looking for.
If you need human help, you can log into your account and access the many Fiverr forums and chatrooms for advice and assistance. Finally, you can fill out the contact form for personalized support from the Fiverr team.
Although Fiverr encourages buyers and freelancers to work out potential issues themselves, they are ready to get involved when a dispute arises.